Wednesday 25 May 2016

Before you tell that Lie!

BEFORE YOU TELL THAT LIE!
"Wherever you go (go go gon go), wherever you be (biggy belle),
Do not say yes when you mean to say No (baba Ibadan)!"

Those were the exact words of the songs we used to sing on the assembly ground, those days at my primary school. It was quite fun then, especially with the adulteration of the lyrics of that song, not knowing that years later the lyrics would be a major rule of success in life.
Now that reality has dawned, the question is "why do people lie?".
Later as I got into high school I threw caution to the wind and I started lying too (I could lie for Africa), it wasn't too long before my friends termed me " the manipulator". I could conjure up unimaginable things in my mind and project them in amazing manner that looked so real and thruthful. I didn't know why I was doing that, I was just having fun and enjoying myself....until I met my waterloo. Lol!
I'm grateful that I met my waterloo at an early stage because it has helped me become a better person.
We lie mostly because of low self-esteem, lack of confidence and fear of rejection. We want people to accept us and we feel the best way to do that is to create a dazzling impression.
Like my mum would always say "Bi iró ba lo fun ogun òdun, òtitó a ba ni Ojo kan"( if a lie goes for twenty years, one day the truth will meet up with it).
I have decided never to mix my Yes with No, regardless of the situation i find myself in and wherever I go to. (I might decide to keep shut too, if I feel the situation doesn't warrant explanation). So before you start conjuring things in your mind and decide to lie, know that a waterloo lies ahead.
 I wish you a week filled with bliss and remember, that "wherever you go, wherever you be,do not say yes when you mean to say no"

No comments:

Post a Comment